Macbook Running Hotter with El Capitan

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by for, Oct 13, 2015.

1. for macrumors newbie

Installed El Capitan yesterday, and noticing considerably warmer on my 1.3mhz. I barely noticed heat before change over. I am not using for much more than safari since installing. Any others having same issue? It's quite noticeable. I assume they will figure out with an update, as I saw some of the beta's were having issues.

2. hcole623 macrumors regular

hcole623

I think I've noticed the same thing. I'm not doing anything process heavy but seem to have much higher temps on my lap.

3. Techman515, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015

Techman515 macrumors newbie

I don't have a comparison as I just recently purchased the Macbook 1.3. Immediately started with a clean install of El Capitan. I can say that it takes very little for the heat to increase. I use this laptop very much as a computer that I use on my lap. As such I am notice heat changes directly. Sometimes have to move it around due to the heat or use a "Heatsink" pad underneath it due to the excessive heat. This all can happen using very little...mail and safari only with only a few tabs. Flash is not installed or used.

If I open photos and starting browsing through them this guarantees heat underneath at the hinge end goes up dramatically.