MacBook running slow after a power outage

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by juapple, Nov 10, 2014.

1. juapple macrumors newbie

My macbook was running okay. it wasn't the fastest computer out there but it could do the job. I use Photoshop and was using photoshop on my macbook. last week we had the power go out on us, at the time i was working on a project on my macbook (which had 0% battery life and was plugged into the charger). the macbook went dead. when i turned it back on, it was running slow as heck! ive tried "fixing permission" "purging" "verifying disk permissions" and i also found an article where people had luck by doing the following : power off> hold shift+control+option+power button for 10 secs. no luck. my macbook is still running like its 100 years old. any suggestions? :apple::(

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

often after a power outage there can be a bit of a surge when it comes back on. It's possible your system was damaged...

3. juapple thread starter macrumors newbie

is there any way to fix this...?:/ or is it permanent.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

first try to reset the SMC... or take to the apple store. sometimes it's just the DC in board or the charger, other times you need a new motherboard.

5. juapple thread starter macrumors newbie

how do i reset the SMC is that the whole shift+option thing...? ive tried that and it doesnt seem to help. it took me 4 minutes to log into the macbook this morning...