Macbook running slow after being carried while switched on

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NinjaiSWE, Jul 22, 2008.

1. NinjaiSWE macrumors newbie

Hey,

A few days ago I brought my Macbook over to a friends place. I thought I shut it of before I put it in my bag, but some program must have prevented it from shutting down succesfully.

When I took it up at my friends place the white light on the front of the laptop was shining, and when I opened the screen I could see my desktop for a few seconds before it went dark. When I booted the computer up again everyting seemed normal expect it was running slower with programs getting stuck easily. Its been running slowly since then and I wonder what could have happended? If there is hardware damage, do you think it will be covered in the warranty?

Thanks in advance
    /Johannes

2. smythcc macrumors newbie

Since it was powered on, chances are your hard drive was spinning and it could be damaged. Try this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1509. That's will show you how to use Apple Hardware Test, a tool that will let you know if there's any sort of hardware error. Make sure you write down any information that the tool gives you in terms of errors. I believe that test only gives you a code (never used it before, so I'm not sure), if it does, just search on Apple's Support page to determine what the exact issue is. I'm not sure if it will be covered under warranty (probably not), but this is a good way to find out if something is actually damaged.

3. NinjaiSWE thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, so I did the test but the results says there nothing wrong. However my Mac is still running slow and I know this started just after I carried it to my friednds place so something must have happened. Is there any other test I could do?

4. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers