Macbook running slow and freezing and unfreezing, need help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kwc26, Jun 22, 2010.

1. kwc26 macrumors newbie

I have a 13" macbook that i bought in the summer of 2008, it freezes for maybe 10-30 seconds and then starts running again and then about a minute later it stops. I have plenty of space. but that pinwheel will pop up if I'm using any application. i can still move in between spaces and stuff but whatever program is running i really cant access. I can switch between tabs. Usually if im trying to write a text in a chat window (gchat/fbchat) it will say that it cant access the custom dictionary after it unfreezes, sometimes this will pop up if im trying to write in word too. If i am typing somethings and it freezes, if i keep on typing sometimes it will register what i wrote and all of the the words will pop up after it unfreezes. It is really annoying and i do not know what is wrong, ive owned this mac for two years and all of a sudden three days ago this problem popped up. Please someone help me!

2. celticpride678

Try:

1. Repairing Disk Permissions
    2. Running Onyx (free application)
    3. Resetting the PRAM
    4. Restarting your computer
    5. Applying all updates

3. kwc26 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did all five of those things, and the problem still persists. Any other ideas on what could be wrong with my macbook?

4. Vijipirate macrumors newbie

Whats up?

Hey, im in the same situation, did you u find any issue or your problem remain the same ??

5. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

My computer runs unbearably slow sometimes, even on clean installs, but especially on this because it was an upgrade from Leopard. I can say, that lessening the amount of fonts helped a lot! I don't mean deleting them, but resolving duplicates. Open Font Book, choose "select duplicated fonts" in the Edit menu, and choose "resolve duplicates" also in the Edit menu.

AnonMac50