MacBook runs really slow

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BigTroll, Nov 12, 2010.

1. BigTroll macrumors member

Hi i had a 2006 macbook core duo that ran really nice with snow leopard, recently the logic board died so it hasn't been used for a month, i got parts from my friend and now running a 1.83ghz core 2 duo logicboard in its place.

the big problem what i think is the hard drive got corrupted due to the bad logic board, when i first put the hard drive back in it wouldn't boot except into safe mode and after i repaired permissions it would boot. however it still starts up slow and os performance seems sluggish and if i run disk utility it always has permissions to fix and takes forever. so any advice would be great.

2. BigTroll thread starter macrumors member

yikes i saw this running that smart utility program, guess my drive is about dead?

Attached Files:

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What are you talking about?

4. BigTroll thread starter macrumors member

sorry i had to redo my attachment. it shows in the pic.

5. Tempto macrumors member

Then, your hard drive is definitely failing. If you've got an external HDD, use Time Machine or Migration Assistant and backup your files as soon as you can!

6. BigTroll thread starter macrumors member

I just fired up my old 466 iBook SE and transfered everything over to the ibook via firewire, iam gonna try a fresh install and see if the drive gets any worse or not, as the old install was a year old and got borked by the last logic board. otherwise i plan on a new hard drive.