Macbook screen become very dull

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by spitfir3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. spitfir3 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

New here - first post - thought this was a good forum to get some help! I've got a late 2007 white Macbook and an iPhone 3G - not that's relevant :p

Been using it quite heavily recently (good 10 hours each day) since PC is out of action and last few days have kept on tapping F2 (increase brightness) and then seeing it's on full.

It's suddenly looks very, very dull. The white isn't quite at all.. seems like a yellowy/grey white This, compared to my over 1 year old iphone which is on 3/4 brightness - HUGE difference).

Is this a general problem with aging screens? I know it's a late 2007 model but I really haven't used it that much up until now - 46 battery cycles. Worth asking about it when I take it into genius bar? Again, it's out of warranty and have no AppleCare.

[​IMG]

I would say that's a very good representation of how much they differ.. remember iPhones only on 3/4 brightness - Macbook on full. Also seems like left hand side is worse - a lot more green/yellow than the middle.

Cheers :)

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Hi there... I have a white MacBook just like yours. I just compared my iPod touch screen to my MacBook screen with 100% brightness, and they look quite similar. I'm unsure of what could be causing your MacBook screen to seem dull, but you might want to try taking it into an Apple Store. It seems like a legitimate problem.

Good luck! :D

3. ttttaylor macrumors regular

my ipod touch screen is a bit brighter (and much much whiter :() than my macbook, but i agree that you should get yours checked out. that's a big difference.
    good luck...

4. sonspot macrumors member

you already know apple is not going to do anything without charging you, so why waste the money (not sure if they charge for diag), personally i would go ahead and replace the screen and maybe the inverter, go with the cheaper part first. you know apple will want to replace the screen, $$$ at least..