macbook screen brigthness???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by veeco3110, Dec 1, 2007.

1. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

i purchased my macbook back in march(ish) of this year. the screen for soem reason doesnt seem as bright as i think i remember it. i see alot of laptops at work that screens are border line flashlight bright. is there any issues with the screen brightness diminishing after time? i usually have the screen birghtness at almost birghtest. any help would be awesome.

thank you

anthony

2. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

ALL flatscreens, be they LCD or LED, grow dimmer over time. If your screen is growing noticeably dimmer over the first few months instead of the first few years, then there's a problem. How old is the Macbook and is it an LCD or LED?

3. veeco3110 thread starter macrumors 6502

veeco3110

my macbook will be 1 year old this coming march. not 100% sure what screen i have. pretty sure its a lcd. whatever the base macbook screen was last march is whati have im assuming...white backgrounds on webpages no longer seem white...more so off white borderline grey.

i think im going to call applecare and see if they can take care of it...OH WHAT TO DO WITHOUT A MAC FOR MORE THAN A DAY!!!! :(:(:(:(:(

4. Arondel macrumors member

Almost every notebook uses LCDs (Liquid Crystal Displays). These can either be CCFLs (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps) or LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes).
    MacBooks are no exception to this and use CCFLs (although Apple should be moving their whole line to LEDs, since they are more environment friendly; 15.4" MacBook Pros already use these).
    If you are stilled covered by any type of Apple warranty, don't hesistate in asking them about it.
    Hope it helps!