Macbook Screen Broken, Retreive files

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 9lukeb, Sep 2, 2009.

1. 9lukeb macrumors newbie

Hi there I'm new to this forum and have looked but can't find anything to help, If anyone can help I'd be more than grateful

What happened is I dropped my MacBook and broke the screen, I have an iMac 24" intel running leopard as the MacBook was and I also have a dvi to VGA link when I plug the dvi-VGA link into my telly nothing appears prolly because I never set up the display on the MacBook, I also have a time capsule, right guys there's ya breif basically I want to know if there's a way of viewing my MacBook on either the iMac or tv without having to access anything on the MacBook. Sorry if I sound like I'm talking rubbish.

Thankyou for any help
    Luke

2. jtibbitt macrumors regular

jtibbitt

Why not try using that adapter with an external monitor. An Apple Store might help you do that if you bring everything (e.g. external HD, adapter, broken Macbook) up there.

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Or save the journey to the Apple store and ask a neighbour/family member/friend

Otherwise, sure, if you are able to hook it upto a monitor, it will work fine.

4. 9lukeb thread starter macrumors newbie

5. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Smartlaptopparts has a new screen of original model on ebay now for $70 shipped priority mail. It might be worth fixing.