Macbook Screen Flashes and then Goes Black

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ardesigns, Apr 30, 2010.

1. ardesigns macrumors member

Hi guys. I have a white Macbook that's about 2-3 years old. I was just using it about 2 hours ago. It ran out of battery while I was using (which happens all the time, of course), so I plugged it in. As usual, the black login screen came up, but then disappeared. The screen then stayed black (even though it was plugged in), but, no matter how many keys I pressed, the screen stayed black. So, I turned off the computer and turned it back on. The screen flashed white (like it would when it turns on), but then goes black. Even though it was black, the computer was still on. I restarted it a few times and also took out the battery and ran just on power from the plug and the same thing happened.

Update: Now, when I try to turn it on, the screen flickers and then both the screen and the computer shut off.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
    ARDesigns

2. xanders macrumors member

Happening to my Whitebook Mac too. It does become stable after I do an SMC reset. Remove battery press power button for 5 sec. Re-insert battery and plug in power. Then is becomes stable. But I have to do this every time I restart the Macbook. Hope this helps.