Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Panzo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
Hey guys i dont knwo whats up with ym macbook all i knwo is that somethign definatly isnt right, as soon as i got it the first 5 minutes i noticed that the lower edge of the LCD frame was loose ( Yes, on the inside right where it says Macbook in grey) right there i was already annoyed but it was to my surprise that when i opened my macbook the colours were all mucked up and you count comprehend what was going on, i retarted a few times and it eventually went away so i stopped worrying about, eventually it came and left a ew times but ive noticed that (and the problem that nnoys me the most) the screen casually Flickers The color green where black is supposed to be ill post some pictures to clarify:

Anyone ever seen this or knows how to fix it?

(Warning Unfriendly to 56k, 1MB picture)

First three pictures show what i see on my screen when it flickers, last one is what my screen wallpaper is supposed to look like natively.

macbookgv7.jpg

MatthewCobb

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2005
Manchester, UK
Isn't that odd - I've noticed my MB doing this for the last week on start-up (after I've logged in, when the machine is booting up the start-up apps - screen just flickers slightly; doesn't seem so bad if screen brightness is down).

Does the sudden appearance of this problem (unless I've missed something here) suggest something to do with the firmware update, or maybe one of the recent security updates?

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
am I the only one feel apple's initial reaction towards reported problems always irresponsible?

jimijay

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2006
Isn't that odd - I've noticed my MB doing this for the last week on start-up (after I've logged in, when the machine is booting up the start-up apps - screen just flickers slightly; doesn't seem so bad if screen brightness is down).

Does the sudden appearance of this problem (unless I've missed something here) suggest something to do with the firmware update, or maybe one of the recent security updates?

My MB is in repair because of this issue. It was flickering (= random brightness changes) before the firmware and SMC updates. After the updates, no change, still the random flickering. After time, it progressively got worse and kernel display problems showed up in console after a crash. Picked up the phone and told Apple I had enough of it, I had to reset PRAM and SMC over the phone to make them believe that wasn't the problem and eventually I got my service box.

While talking with AppleCare, I was told models between the 3rd and 6th MONTH of production possibly have this issue. That's quite a lot of possibilities, if you ask me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.