Macbook screen inclination angle

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by icecap, Jul 16, 2008.

1. icecap macrumors newbie

Hi! For those who owned a MB, may I ask the widest possible angle the screen can incline?

In my case I will be getting an external display to work on if I am indoor... and I would not wanna spend extra on a keyboard as I think I can use the MB's... but would that be possible after outputting the image to the monitor?

My intended setup is to have the monitor elevated by a bracket stand, and have the MB seated below it, open flat... :eek:

Thanks!

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

3. icecap thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks silver-fox! but possible to open till about 160°??

then are the MB keys still usable after outputting to external display? will that wake the MB up and throw the image back to MB screen??

4. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Well id say it would go to about 140 degrees ish, if you wanted to use the same keyboard you will always be able to see the macbook screen at some point, its the way it is built.

Its easier to get an external keyboard and just shut the macbook to be honest

5. icecap thread starter macrumors newbie

alrite... guess I'll have to reconsider my options... thanks! :)

6. ace86 macrumors newbie

You could easily use the laptop keyboard, do video mirroring, and turn down the brightness on the MB. I guess that would limit your resolution though. Similarly, you could do extended desktop, making the external as the primary monitor and just not use the MB monitor. The drawback here is that you're taxing the GPU needlessly.

Maybe there's a more optimal way to do it. Certainly if you have an external keyboard it's pretty easy, but there are other options.

7. dcains macrumors regular

140 degrees??? Maybe 110 degrees, or 120 tops. I just sold my 12" iBook G4 and replaced it with a new MB, and the ONLY thing i don't like about the MB is that the screen doesn't open wide enough. My MBP is a bit better, if that's a possibility for you, but still only opens to ~130 degrees.

8. Jak3 macrumors regular

Could I ask what you were planning on doing that you needed the MacBook to open up to 160 degrees?

I am quite intrigued to be honest:D

9. icecap thread starter macrumors newbie

hi.. my intention was actually to leave it flat so I can place it under my external monitor which is elevated by a stand that looks like an "n"... then I can use the MB keyboard and hopefully save on an external keyboard... seems like I cant now.. :(

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My two cents; I prefer any external keyboard with a nice numeric keypad to the chiclet keys on the MB