macbook screen is messed up please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macanuck, May 10, 2009.

1. macanuck macrumors newbie

hi i lent my macbook to a younger sibling of mine and when i got it back. The screen and colors are all distorted. Its very annoying and hard to describe. I am sure its not a hardware issue because it only occurs on my adminisitrator account and not on guest account. I just posted a pic of itunes with the problem as you can see everything looks wierd and look at the dock and how blurry all the colors are.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Hi

Press CMD, Shift and 3 and it will take a screenshot. Then you can attach to your message using the paper clip icon. Then we can see what the problem is.

3. macanuck thread starter macrumors newbie

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

The only thing that I can see that is wrong is that the brightness is very high which is making the colour's look washed out.

Have you checked the calibration of your screen???? Go settings -> Displays ->Colour -> Calibration and run through the wizard.

What exactly is wrong with your screen?

5. macanuck thread starter macrumors newbie

the colors a very blurry and normal colors are different for example everything thats grey is white and overall just very pixelated. the brightness isnt the problem and ive tried calibrating.

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Having done a quick google it seems some people have a problem with the contrast of there macbook screen. If you go

System Preference -> Universal Access -> then turn the contrast slider to Normal and hopefully should solve your problem.

7. macanuck thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked:)

Thanx a lot.... i couldnt figure out what was wrong with it and i was seriously getting headache starring at the blurry screen for so long lol.

8. macanuck thread starter macrumors newbie

BTW now that the screen is back to normal im looking at the picture i posted and see that the picture looks normal lol it was way worse than that picture
    wierd!

9. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Not a problem there is a shortcut which your younger sibling may have pressed which caused the problem.