MacBook screen is Pink/Green

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pezasied182, Mar 12, 2012.

1. pezasied182, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

pezasied182 macrumors 6502

I have a 15" Mid 2010 MacBook Pro. A couple months ago, my computer started crapping out and every time I tried to turn it on I would hear three beeps. I knew this was an issue with the RAM, but I never got around to dealing with it until now (I have a MacBook Air that I use 99% of the time.)

Well anyways, today I decided to open up my Macbook Pro and remove and reinsert the RAM cards. After doing this, my computer would finally boot up, only now the screen color is off. Areas of the screen that are supposed to be dark have green horizontal lines on them, and areas where it is supposed to be white there are pink vertical lines (see picture) I ran the Apple Hardware Test, along with another test for memory, and nothing came up wrong. In fact, other than the screen issue the computer is running perfectly. If I do a screen shot of the afflicted areas and open the picture on my Air, the picture is perfect, with the screen looking normal. I haven't had a chance to connect to an external monitor, but I'm going to pick up the necessary cables to do that tomorrow.

[​IMG]

My question for you is, is this an issue with the screen? Or perhaps a faulty video card?

If its the screen, I'm perfectly fine with using it as a desktop computer with a monitor, if its the video card, the only option is replacing the logic board correct? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. lamboman macrumors 6502

Numerous people have had this issue before, it's unfortunately most likely going to be a hardware problem. If you try going to System Preferences, and changing colour profiles and resolutions, does the problem go away? It could be a very odd driver issue, so it's worth a try.

3. pezasied182 thread starter macrumors 6502

Welp, I bought an external monitor and ever thing is working perfectly, no color defects on the screen whatsoever and my MacBook is running as good as it ever has. I'm assuming it was just the screen then.