Macbook screen issue: screen stays dimmed no matter what

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yoelx, Jun 17, 2010.

1. yoelx macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm new to this, but since today the screen of my Macbook doesn't get out of it's dimmed status anymore. Whether I'm on adapter or battery, no matter what I do or press, the screen is dimmed [like pressing F1 till it's on 0 notches, so when the screen seems off, but you can still see if you look hard].

Even if I adjust the brightness, I can see the notches going up, even full, it doesn't change anything to the brightness. I tried restarting multiple times, also with command-option-p-r to reset it, but no luck.

Does anyone have an idea what I can try to fix this? Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks!
    Joel

2. jasmine84 macrumors member

jasmine84

Rather than start a new thread I'll add-on to yours since my issue is similar. My Macbook screen is flickering/flashing. It is mildly noticeable on 100% brightness but extreme when it is dimmed. It was happening earlier this year, I brought it to a Mac tech and got a new screen and a new... something... inverter? Does that sound right? ha. Anyways, something new inside to make it stop. But now it's back. I'm wondering if maybe I've just beat the thing out. Now it is past 3 years, no more AppleCare, so if it's a major thing to fix I'll just get a new laptop. Was wondering if anyone has had this issue and what the fix was?

3. nicksmac macrumors newbie

well the thing is is that you probably hit it on acident, when it was being shipped to you or when you were taking it home and got bumped when in the car. But no matter what if your brightness buttons are not helping you then you should deffintly try to take it to a apple store or pick up your phone and call apple and say your screen is damaged and get help or exchange it if you have a warranty. And if they shipped it to you say "you bitch give me one that is not brock" just a joke just exchange it..
    :apple: