Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Hi All

My girfriends black 2007 intel MacBook screen has a crack in it:(

I've seen there are quite a few on Ebay - but could somebody be kind enough to let me know what the part number is?

Many thanks,

:):)

l.a.rossmann

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2009
Brooklyn
Hi All

My girfriends black 2007 intel MacBook screen has a crack in it:(

I've seen there are quite a few on Ebay - but could somebody be kind enough to let me know what the part number is?

Many thanks,

:):)

LP133WX1-TLA1
N133I1-L01
B133EW01
LTN133W1-L01

These are the LCDs that originally went into the machine.

LT133DEVJK00

That is the only LCD that is currently available. It is made by Toshiba. The originals are no longer available in better than refurbished or refinished condition. Refinishing is a process like waxing a floor, to a screen's polarizer(the front part that you stare at all day).

The LT133DEVJK00 is cheaper. However, you have to remove one big black pad from the back so the Apple will light up. You have to remove three tiny black pads to avoid having pressure points on the LCD. Pressure points are those things that come up when you press your finger on the LCD.

The LT133DEVJK00 also requires calibration so the colors will look proper. Upon initial install, it will tint blue.

I have about 200 LP133WX1-TLA1 left that are new in unopened factory packaging. Once they're out, I'll be stuck selling the LT133DEVJK00.

Good luck with your repair!

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Thanks so much for your detailed response:):).

Do I need anything else ( components ) to change the screen?

:)

PS - Having looked on Ebay - there are plenty of all kinds ( part numbers ) listed - so is there a preferred number to go for ( they all cost more or less the same ).

Also I attach a photo of the model I'm taking about - just to make sure:)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-11 at 16.01.49.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-10-11 at 16.01.49.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

l.a.rossmann

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2009
Brooklyn
It doesn't matter what model you buy on eBay. They'll send you whatever they have in stock. It is well accepted practice in this industry to sell compatible models, and to post product pages/ads for every single different model that goes into a machine.

yoli

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2012
Macbook screen LT133DEVJK00 bluish tint - ICC color profile needed!

LP133WX1-TLA1
N133I1-L01
B133EW01
LTN133W1-L01

These are the LCDs that originally went into the machine.

LT133DEVJK00

That is the only LCD that is currently available. It is made by Toshiba. The originals are no longer available in better than refurbished or refinished condition. Refinishing is a process like waxing a floor, to a screen's polarizer(the front part that you stare at all day).

The LT133DEVJK00 is cheaper. However, you have to remove one big black pad from the back so the Apple will light up. You have to remove three tiny black pads to avoid having pressure points on the LCD. Pressure points are those things that come up when you press your finger on the LCD.

The LT133DEVJK00 also requires calibration so the colors will look proper. Upon initial install, it will tint blue.

I have about 200 LP133WX1-TLA1 left that are new in unopened factory packaging. Once they're out, I'll be stuck selling the LT133DEVJK00.

Good luck with your repair!

anyone has an accurate ICC profile for an LT133DEVJK00?

l.a.rossmann

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2009
Brooklyn
anyone has an accurate ICC profile for an LT133DEVJK00?

If you mean color calibration, "color LCD calibrated" works pretty well. Although the original LP133WX1-TLA1 is ideal. The Toshiba is a pain in the ass to work with, removing little black pads to prevent pressure points.

yoli

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2012
yep, i already built the toshiba in, i'm happy with it except that it's blueish. could you share that profile you mentioned?

l.a.rossmann

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2009
Brooklyn
I'm glad it all worked out. What model LCD did you find that worked for you? And where did you get it? It may help others who break their laptop who have this problem. These are hard to come by now.

yoli

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2012
it was a cheap Toshiba, bought on eBay, good quality and works perfectly. First however an other company, despite stating several brands in the description, sent a noname one, which had poor materials so I sent it back straight away.

dmgirl

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Black Macbook

Hi everyone...I am wondering what the best way to replace my MacBook screen? Who do you guys trust with parts online and what part should I order? I have a big black blotchy crack in a corner and it's gotten worse.

Also any one have the sides or bottom of plastic casing strip away? Is there a kit to replace this? It's only stripping on bottom and sides of keyboard?

I love my macbook and really no one in the mac store is giving me any attention when I mention I have this one, which is kinda dissapointing, but I would like to back up my stuff and find a way to make it faster.

Any places or things or suggestions to make my macbook like new are appreciated. My husband is pretty mechanically inclined, so he can do some of the repairs.

Thanks...
DM Girl

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.