MacBook Screen Problem HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Neville91, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Neville91 macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook its one of the first generations not really sure which one but its white haha
    but the bottom half of the screen flickers and to get it back on i have to tilt the lid in a certain way i was wondering if theres anybody or anyway of telling if the screen itself or the screen cable is the problem?
    there is NO Physical damage to the screen so im thinking its internal such as loose cable or whatever
    somebody help?
    as i don't want to spend god knows on a screen to find out its the £15 screen cable!!
    Help:)

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

It appears your keyboard also doesn't work, as there are no commas or periods in that entire post. Your shift key and apostrophe keys also appear to be flaky.

Pinch the display assembly along the edges. If pinching the edge causes the image to flicker, you have a bad LCD. It's probably going to be the LCD.

3. Neville91 thread starter macrumors newbie

You're a Genius:|

I'm using a crappy Netbook and don't care too much to make it completely grammatically correct in every way:|. I would just like advice.

I used to be able to tilt the screen a certain way to fix the flicker, but now that has stopped working.
    I'm obviously not a computer hardware genius but I'm thinking it's maybe just a loose connection?
    no physical damage to the screen itself.. and in the bottom half it's sometimes like a very distort mirror of the top half of the screen.

4. Detrius macrumors 68000

It's almost never the LVDS cable. Pinch it, like I already said.

I'm using an iPhone, but that doesn't stop me from trying to sound fluent.

5. Neville91 thread starter macrumors newbie

MacBooks don't auto correct iPhones do, at least the OS im running doesn't.
    I'm thinking it could be either the screen itself or the inverter is there anyway to tell?
    The webcam works fine, at the minute I'm using some sort of Mac to HDMI lead to run it through my tv and the picture is perfect..
    Any advice on what I should be looking to buy? Whether it be Screen, Inverter board or whole just a whole new lid?