Macbook screen problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tjflippo, Sep 28, 2011.

1. tjflippo macrumors newbie

I have a white early 08 macbook. Recently I have been having screen problems. It is happening when I'm using safari. It like when you are watching digital cable and the signal goes out, and the screen does all kind of crazy stuff. Once it happens on my computer I have to shut down and reset because it messes up the desktop too. I uploaded screen capture of what is happening. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. session101 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Has it done this on any other program or website?

3. tjflippo thread starter macrumors newbie

It mainly does it in safari with all websites. It will be working fine, then goes crazy. It messes all the screens up and the desktop. I have to restart my computer for the screens to go back to normal.

4. session101 macrumors regular

if its only on websites or heavy video card use... i would try to either update the driver or re-install the driver, but ultimately i think your onboard video card is toast, ive had things like this happen on my pc and the video card needed to be replaced...