MacBook screen problem

lchung678

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
so yesterday I dropped the mac on the carpet floor and the screen becomes like this

I went to the apple store and they ask me to book an appointment online but there isn't any appointments available, does anyone here know if there's any software for mac that me to change the size of the viewing area so I can still use when its not fixed? Thanks!

Last edited:

lchung678

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
It looks like your screen is broken...

Call Apple or take it to a store.. ;/
I tried but they asked me to book an appointment online, therefore I am here to ask during this 'waiting' period, is there any software I can use to change the screen displaying size so I can use it as a normal computer

thanks for the reply tho :)

Venderious

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2014
Groningen
I tried but they asked me to book an appointment online, therefore I am here to ask during this 'waiting' period, is there any software I can use to change the screen displaying size so I can use it as a normal computer

thanks for the reply tho :)
Open System Preferences and click Displays. I guess.. You should be able to change the resolution to something smaller.

lchung678

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
Open System Preferences and click Displays. I guess.. You should be able to change the resolution to something smaller.
I want to change the display size instead of the resolution, 1/3 of the screen blacked out and what I want is something similar to this