Macbook Screen Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by midnightheart, Jul 3, 2007.

1. midnightheart macrumors newbie

I'm entering college next year, and I'm posed with the decision between the macbook or a 17 inch imac computer. Now I know most college students buy laptops, but I have to say, the larger screen is rather appealing to me.

My question is, do any of you macbook owners out there get tired of the smaller screen?

Thanks!

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Well, when I had my MB (now Pro) the screen was quite nice, I never got annoyed at it's size, at first, maybe a little, but no. If they had a 13.3" MBP I prolly would 'a' bought that.

3. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

My answer is 2 part. I have 2 black macbooks. One is permanently attached to a 24" monitor and the other I use when I am out and about. I don't have any problem with the 13.3 screen in fact at times I prefer that to the one attached to the big monitor. I have never found the laptop screen to small and as I just upgraded both just this month I still preferred to get this one rather than getting the 15 or 17 they are just to big to lug around. :eek: Hope this helps :)

4. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

with just general use the screen on my macbook suffices, and has never bothered me. but working in photoshop has proven to be a bit irritating, i still love my macbook to death though, although i really want to get a 17in MBP sometime in the future...

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Go with the macbook. The screen is a bit smaller, but an external moniter would be much better than an iMac. Trust me, you don't want a desktop, even if it's an iMac, for college.

6. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

My MacBook is 13.3" and my MacPro is attached to a 23" ACD. I use both every day and switching from one to the other is not a problem. The MacBook screen is so sharp it's a pleasure to use.
    IMO the laptop (possibly with an external monitor) is a much better choice than the iMac .... :cool: