Macbook screen res & Lightroom

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mindfield, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Mindfield macrumors member

Hey,

My eMac 700 MHz will soon be five years old. I'd expect it to start falling apart during the next two years. That is why I have started thinking of a new computer. I have an obsession with laptops, even though frankly I don't need the mobility. Well, I guess I could use this thread to compare Macbook and iMac.

Anyway, my main question is this. Is the Macbook's 1280 x 800 resolution enough for Lightroom? I'm an avid photographer and that's the only real pro app I need and I've read that it's more CPU-hungry than anything else. Personally the iMac doesn't give me any added bonuses, except a bigger screen.

2. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

Can't really comment on the Mac Book, but I make extensive use of Light Room on a Mac Book Pro with a 1440 x 900 screen (so not much bigger than Mac Book) and I have no problems with Light Room.

I can see all the palettes, fields and bits I need, without problems?

If you are considering a Mac Book and LR is a decision maker, download the 'trial' version, take it into an Apple Store (or similar reseller) and ask them to test it out? That way, you'll have more of an idea of how it looks on a Mac Book?

3. Mindfield thread starter macrumors member

I just thought that it'd be enough, if someone can tell me their opinion. There are very few Apple-retailers here and I don't know how picky they are of installing software. Rarely there would be a situation with pro-users, where they disagree on image space. Too much is always better, but too little can be noticed.