MacBook & Screen Resolution

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Croatian, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Croatian macrumors 6502

is there anyway to get a higher screen resolution then 1200x800 on a macbook under OS X, when u use windows under bootcamp u can have higher resolution then 1200x800

i personally find the icons and stuff is bit big, i would like it to be smaller since i don't have poor eye sight and higher resolution will allow for more windows on the screen and bigger views among many other things

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The display will be 1280 x 800 on the internal regardless of the operating system.

3. Croatian thread starter macrumors 6502

that sucks
    oh well such is apple :)

4. Matteh117 macrumors regular

Most things can be resized anyway. The dock and the desktop items can be shrunk down really small.

5. thies macrumors regular

such is any flatpanel display.

6. TheStu macrumors 65816

Do you know of any other 13.3" widescreen displays that output higher than 1280*800? That is the number of pixels on the display, anything that lets you have a higher resolution on the same screen is doing some sort of thing that is basically lying to you. I think they usually do it by simply making things occupy fewer pixels.

As for the icons being too large. From within Finder, hit Command+J to bring up the View Options, you can make the icons as large as 128*128 or as small as 16*16