Macbook screen strange problem after cleaning the fan...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by notos, Dec 20, 2010.

1. notos macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook from 2006.

Today i decided to clean up the fan, so I went to ifixit and followed the nice guide. I opened for first time my mac after almost 5 years full work... without any problems and spray the fan that had a good amount of dust. Of course I sprayed also the rest of the internal stuff of the macbook...

I closed carefully and i push the power button. The grey screen arrived instantly, after disappeared and hardly I could see something in the screen with very light shadows that i could see from time to time, i realize that the OSX loads, but after loading the system goes in a way to sleep... or something that is behind the black screen. Anyway, I try to restart etc... nothing change.
    I could see the screen like someone turn off the light from time to time and in between black, but at the beginning for 1 second shows me the grey screen perfectly, so didn't looked to me that I have problem in the screen for example...

No way to use hardware test from OSX CD because i couldnt see almost anything in the screen.

BUT, I have another partition with bootcamp and i have windows 7 there. So, i decided to see if something happens there... At the beginning listening that windows loads, seeing some shadows to understand that windows loading AND WHEN WINDOWS WAS FULLY LOADED SUDDENLY I COULD SEE EVERYTHING CLEAR IN THE SCREEN. Now I am writing from the windows of my macbook and no way to enter OSX...

I repeated the windows boot and worked fine after the full load.

So, any ideas before send it to Apple

Elias / Notos

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Idea: reboot into Mac OS X. Does it still do it?

If you weren't conscious of static in the process of opening the machine, you may have weakened the part of the logic board that powers the backlight/inverter. If you take it to Apple, don't tell them it happened after you opened the machine.