Macbook screen Turned white suddenly

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ma3n-87, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Ma3n-87 macrumors newbie

hi
    i had the macbook Core 2 Duo for About 8 months and it was working great.
    yesterday i left a file download in firefox for 5 hours then went back to check on it , it was working FINE, Then i got Back after 2 minutes and the screen is suddenly white and not showing anything!!
    i shut down the laptop and restarted , there was a chime and just white screen...

i connected the laptop to an external monitor AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING on the external screen but the laptop screen is white!!!

i tried resetting the PRAM and i tried resetting the SMC twice but nothing Changed>>

i can't use the apple hardware testing because the external monitor does not work till the system loads (and it does always)and i will be working blind..

so , is this a sudden hardware thing in the screen or what ?
    i'm on a 3 year waranty but i don't have an apple store in my country !! can i send the laptop to them via mail?

Where can i ask them directly via mail?

i previously backed up the laptop via time machine and i can fully use it on the external display , so would a restore of system folders HELP at least rule out system errors???

i searched for similar problems but none seems to match mine because other people always had a system error , and i don't seem to have one..

Please Guys any answer might help me , i have tons of work...

2. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

it is probably the video cable to the screen (Had the same problem after fixing an ibook i had plugged the power cable into the screen but not the video cable)