MacBook Screens

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iVostro, May 19, 2010.

1. iVostro macrumors newbie

I have a late 2009 MBP and love it and now my wife is looking into notebooks as well and I was considering the new MB for her. She doesnt need a backlit keyboard or SD slot as its mainly for web browsing and average use. My question is does the new MacBook have glass over the entire screen/front bezel like my MBP does? I really like that as it makes cleaning the screen a LOT easier and seems to make the colors pop. Thanks for all the help!

2. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

I personally hate the glass over the screen. It is just another thing inbetween your eyes and the screen to add distortion and if you break it adds to the cost of getting it fixed. The glass craze drives me nuts on anything that is not a touchscreen! It adds cost to both initial ownership and repair, increases complexity, and is totally unnecessary.

The new white unibody Macbooks have no glass over them. The new Macbook Pros do. The older unibody macbooks have glass over them.

However, the new white unibody macbooks use the piece of **** LP133WX2-TLG*, * being a number I forget. It looks as ****** as the LP133WX2-TLC*, used in the original unibody macbooks. Luckily it's pin for pin compatible with my personal favorite, the B133EW04, and the easiest to swap out of any Apple laptop I've ever encountered.

3. Arondel macrumors member

Glass, no. Glossy, yes.

As previously said, the MacBook White Unibody does not have a glass over its screen. It is glossy, though.
    I suggest you try to look at it personally as to have the most amount of information where deciding your purchase.

Hope it helps! :)