Macbook Send To Service With Downloaded, Cracked and Hacked Applications & Games

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Paschkow, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Paschkow macrumors newbie

Ill Be needing to send my Macbook Pro Off to service because the felt protective strip that covers the entrance to the optical drive has come off.
    my question, am ok to send my mac off with downloaded and cracked (illegal) software and games so that when they restore the mac its the way it was when when i sent it off or am i best to just delete it it all and start again when i get it back? will this defect my warranty or cause any other problems for me?
    :confused: any post will be off help...
    sorry if this thread already exists but could find it anywhere let alone knowing what to search for.
    thanks

2. durruti macrumors regular

durruti

just use your common sense....delete all traces if u think it's going to be a problem. better safe than sorry.

3. jdechko macrumors 68040

As with any repair, Apple nor it's representatives are responsible for the data on your machine. If it gets corrupted or overwritten, they are not held responsible. It shouldn't be an issue with your repair, but that's just standard for anyone.

Chances are that they won't even care, but if you are worried about it, clone your drive (carbon copy cloner) and use the restore discs to get it back to original settings.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Either clone the drive or find a cheapo 80gb and put that one in for the trip.