Macbook Serious Problem! Help!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Emrtr4, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Emrtr4 macrumors regular

When I start up my Macbook (Core 2 duo, 2.0ghz, 2 gigs Ram, 120gig 5400 RPM hardrive) I can hear the hardrive spin once, then everything stops. The laptop's screen stays black, the keyboard does not respond, the laptop does not provide power, and the sleeplight glows. The laptop will not wake up, the processors do not sound like they are on, the fans are not on, and the OSX won't boot.

I found an old thread on this, but it did not provide much help. I tried resetting the PMU, and the PRam, no luck. I did everything I could find on apple's website, nothing is happening. When I did reset the Pram the sleep light blinked several times, but that is all the luck I have had.

Even if there is nothing I can do to fix this problem before I can get home tomorrow (still on Thanksgiving break), does anyone have an idea if this is a logic board, hardrive, screen, processor, memory problem, or what hardware may have failed?

Thank you and I really appreciate any support.

2. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

Hi,

Have you tried to remove the battery and to star up the machine, plugged in the electric circuit? If it's starts, wait till the system has booted, turn the machine out, insert the battery, turn it on -- and, if you're lucky, it must work.

Have had a similar problem in the past, got this advise -- and it helped.

I presume, you've already tried the DiskWarrior? If not, do it as soon as you can.

Good luck,
    sash

3. Emrtr4 thread starter macrumors regular

nope, didnt work...

Any one else have any idea what the problem may be? I imagine its not just a hardrive problem because then the screen would work right?

4. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

5. Emrtr4 thread starter macrumors regular

how can I? I am on a different computer now, my laptop will not even boot...that gives me to chance to run it.

6. kvasir macrumors regular

The EXACT same thing happened to my brother in-law's girlfriend's computer. I tried everything, including booting from an external firewire drive. Apple replaced the logic board and boom, it worked again.

7. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

8. Emrtr4 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the support guys, yea I am starting to think it is a total logic board failure, which is really cool considering that I am in the Xmas crunch with school and all. Well at least that means I did not loose everything on my hardrive, although this is still a chance for me to replace my hardrive with an SSD, so I might take it.

9. Emrtr4 thread starter macrumors regular

Upgrade Logic Board to Santa Rosa?

Okay, now this might sound odd. But lets say it will require a logic board replacement, which it sounds like it will, the store I bought it from in my home town is not an Apple Store, but it is a certified Apple computer center and I know their manager and service guys pretty well. So this is my question, would it be possible for them just to replace the logic board with a Santa Rosa one?

I know its a strech, but its just a thought for me to stay up to date, ha.

10. Tshapi macrumors regular

How well charged was your battery? because if your battery is near dead and it happen's it's possible it could be your "ac adapter and battery"