macbook sharing internet with ps3

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ETID, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ETID macrumors regular

Am I right in thinking it is a simple process to internet share from my macbook (which receives its connection from wifi) to my ps3 via ethernet? I would try but I have left the ethernet cable at uni for the holidays.

So anyone got any ideas. The reason I ask this is because a) it seems the ps3's wifi is far substandard to my macbook's reception in my house and b) would there be some way of getting content off my macbook to the ps3 over this connection.

Thanks for any help

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

1) Yes.
    2) Probably yes.

You can configure both of these through  -> System Preferences -> Sharing. I don't know what file sharing protocol the PS3 uses, but if it supports SMB, you can enable SMB sharing under File Sharing -> Options.

3. Terance macrumors newbie

I am also having problems with this, I have set up the network (but the icon at the top right corner of my desktop is not shaded) however my PS3 fails every time I try to get an IP Address.

My roommate took his router, but conveniently left all of his other stuff here I did not need, when he moved out so I am in a pretty dire situation.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt