Macbook Shipped today

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by martinl, Feb 9, 2009.

1. martinl macrumors newbie

Hi guys.

New to the forums and fairly new to Macs (although i use them frequently at college for recording purposes i've never owned one myself)

SO i went online and purchased a White Macbook (i dont like the aluminium) and upgraded the RAM to 4GB after a lengthy discussion with the Apple Customer Sales Advisor (who was a great help).

I am extremely impatient and found out today it had been shipped :D woohoo.

Estimated Delivery Date (Subject to change) 18 Feb 2009 (Subject to change)
    Current Delivery Status Shipment dispatched 09 Feb 2009

Does anybody think it will come before the 18th or is this standard? I really cant wait any longer :(.

Thoughts? BTW i stay in Scotland if that makes a difference, near Edinburgh.

2. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

Nice purchase.

Did you get the newest one with the nVidia graphics?

I don't know anything about shipping, it's usually late rather than early.

3. martinl thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i got the new one. I cant wait to be honest. Fairly cheap (i think anyway) including the apple care it cost me £800 (plus a few pounds and pence :cool:)

4. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I always found Apple's deliveries to be quite efficient when I was living in Stirling, so in Edinburgh you should have as much, if not more luck!

Enjoy :)

5. cg0def macrumors regular

That ends up around $1200 with apple care and a memory upgrade included in the price. Pretty good deal provided that you will get at least 3 years of use out of this puppy. BTW how did you manage to get everything for that price? Is that before tax or after some discount?

6. martinl thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Welcome to the forum, to the world of Mac, and congrats on your new computer. I hope you enjoy it, it's a very good machine, and you got it at a nice price, too.

Cheers and good luck