Macbook shipping question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yankeesxd, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Yankeesxd macrumors member

If my macbook is set to arrive on friday and it is going to be around 35 degrees rain and thunder in my area would my macbook be possibly damaged internally due to condensation? thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

No. Apple considered such conditions when packaging the MacBook Pro and its contents in the box.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Personally, I'd not want a 2,000+ computer sitting out in the rain all day getting soaked. :(

4. jakespeed macrumors member

If its coming FedEx, you need to be there to sign so unless you leave the signature sheet out in the rain, the laptop will not be left on your doorstep

Personally, i save a few steps but just having it sent to my local FedEXOffice. If you go to the FedEX site to view your tracking number, you will see a link where you can request that it be held at any FedEX location. It always seems to get there early in the morning and i can stop by at lunch and sign for it then. No worries about someone being home or it being left.

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Nope. Mine was delivered at around -2ºC (snowing too) and the internal packaging remained fine. It's sort of like a double-layered package (the brown cardboard box on the outside, and inside it is the MBP's box) to protect it from harsh weather.

Besides, the package was in the weather for less than 1 minute (the DHL bloke rang my doorbell and only took the package out of the back of his van when I showed up to sign).

6. Yankeesxd thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks for the reply i was just worried it would be damaged while it's in the shipping truck the whole day in the cold

7. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

The back of a big brown truck is ore climate controlled than most students' backpacks. ;)

8. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I totally agree. Besides, the van's also heated up for the driver himself too :)

9. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

The cardboard box might get a little wet if subjected to that, but the Macbook is suspended in the middle of the box by some sturdy cardboard inserts. The Macbook box itself is sealed in plastic and of pretty good quality itself, it will be quite safe.

10. NukeIT macrumors regular

The cold isn't going to hurt it.