Macbook shocked me

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Fubar65, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Fubar65 macrumors newbie

So today I was on my macbook while laying on my bed. Well when I went to get up and put my macbook away, the static electricity shocked me as I was holding the macbook. The two small screws next the the cd drive are what shocked me. My question is can these screws shocking me possibly mess up my macbook or anything? I've been babying my macbook and I would hate to see something so dumb ruin my macbook. Thanks in advance

2. Thetics macrumors regular

The macbook shocked you and youre worried about hurting the macbook? jk. I honestly dont think its an issue, Im sure the macbook is grounded properly, If thats even the correct term to use.

3. Fubar65 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

The static in my work office is HORRIBLE. I get shocked every time I touch it, sometimes even on the trackpad. I purposely touch the screws, to make sure it doesn't mess anything else up. I have to go into the Apple Store tomorrow, because the volume keys aren't working right, so I'll ask them while I'm there. I'll let you know!

5. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Unless you are somehow charged with a large amount of current when you touch a screw on your macbook you arent going to do it any harm. That is simply a bit of static transferring to you. Not going into your macbook to affect anything!!!

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've been shocked so hard by my BlackBook that I bit my tongue! LOL No where near as much juice as my wife's 80,000 volts stun gun! :eek:

7. Jpoon macrumors 6502

LOL ouch:eek: