MacBook showing 5-7 days shipping on Apple Store

simply258

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2003
181
58
Bahrain
Just went into the Apple Store online store and the MacBooks are all showing "Ships: 5-7 business days" .. updates coming ?
 

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
1,320
13
UK
simply258 said:
Just went into the Apple Store online store and the MacBooks are all showing "Ships: 5-7 business days" .. updates coming ?
Possibly, but i also heard that Apple employees were taking longer lunch breaks, leading to longer shipping times.

Rich.
 

NextTuesday

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
86
0
Cork, Ireland
The Apple Ireland store says 7 Days, but aren't Apple currently at their MacBook-selling-peak? I remember hearing that their actually selling more than they can ship.
 

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
1,320
13
UK
NextTuesday said:
The Apple Ireland store says 7 Days, but aren't Apple currently at their MacBook-selling-peak? I remember hearing that their actually selling more than they can ship.
That's a more likely story, it's back to School/Uni/College time.

Rich.
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
375
They were "within 24 hours" a day or so ago. Now they're at "4 - 6 days" mind you, it's Saturday, almost Sunday so maybe they're just having a bit a break...
 

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
1,320
13
UK
UK Store -

Mac Mini both models - 24 hours

MacBook all 3 models - 7 days

MacBook Pro all 3 models - 24 hours

iMac 17" - 24 hours

iMac 20" - 5 days

Mac Pro standard model - 24 hours



It's the back to School/Uni/College shortage that Apple can't keep up with on the MacBooks.

Rich.
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
375
fatsoforgotso said:
UK Store -

Mac Mini both models - 24 hours

MacBook all 3 models - 7 days

MacBook Pro all 3 models - 24 hours

iMac 17" - 24 hours

iMac 20" - 5 days

Mac Pro standard model - 24 hours



It's the back to School/Uni/College shortage that Apple can't keep up with on the MacBooks.

Rich.
Yeah, keep forgetting all you guys are going back to Uni now. We're (well, not me, I've finished) about 2 months away from the long summer holidays.
 

ncfcstar

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2006
61
0
Near Ipswich, UK
Haven't you noticed us lot stuck without our MacBooks (see the thread Noooo (Macbook shipping delayed)) :( The delay is starting to get ridiculous now, I hope it is worth it :)
 

mcmadhatter

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2005
338
2
Bath, UK
I was at my local apple reseller this morning, they said that they have none in stock and that apple have told them a 21 day delivery time.