macbook shut off wont turn back on.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nia820, Jul 21, 2012.

1. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

I'm a little pissed off. I've only had my MacBook pro for 3 weeks and the thing doesn't work. I was just sitting here about to surf the net and it shut off without any warning. I tried turning back on nothing. I tried charging it and the led light looks fade on the magpower plug.

Apples motto is suppose to be it just works. But it doesn't always.

Anyways I want to know whatcould be the problem? And I brought my MacBook in Qatar so would the apple store here in the states take a look at of will I have to wait to have it fixed when i get back to Qatar ?

2. Retina MacBook macrumors regular

It's really hard to diagnose a problem if you only stated the problem, not the cause or at least the assumption of it.

3. actezla macrumors newbie

Bran New Macbook Pro 13" just stopped working

Same thing happened to me. I was online. Only thing I did was decided to charge my iPhone in to charge. I plugged the cord into one of the USB ports (which is probably the first time that was done since I had this machine) and the screen completely shut down. It's totally off. Won't start, makes no noise. The charge wire is very dim now and sort of flashes lightly between green, yellow, and red. My phone was not on the cord. Changed cords and plugs, same result. Removed USB iphone wire right away BTW. The computer was fully charged to begin with. It just won't work. This is frustrating- I haven't paid the credit card bill for it yet and already have to bring it back.

4. Andrew.Viritek macrumors newbie

Andrew.Viritek

Advise to take into the nearest apple authorised service provider or apple store should not be a problem if purchased overseas.

https://locate.apple.com/