macbook shutting down after start up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by quig14, Feb 5, 2009.

1. quig14 macrumors newbie

Recently my 13 inch, year and a half old macbook has been running a little slower than usual. I just assumed that it was normal wear and tear from having it for over a year. Two days ago though, I was working when 'automatic update' opened up and my computer began to freeze immediately. The spinning wheel of death came up, and I had no choice but to shut it down using the power button in the upper right corner that you are not really supposed to use.
    When I first tried to turn it on again, I got the apple start up screen which after about two minuets, switched over to a light blue screen. I couldn't see anything but the blue, and even though I did have mouse control, the screen was all blue and I had nothing to click on. I shut it down again but each time I tried to turn it on, the blue screen just kept coming The next day when I tried again instead of getting the blue screen, my macbook just shut off completely and I had to turn it on again, but it just shut down again and has done nothing but that since.
    I have tried a lot of the suggestions online to fix this problem, and none of them have worked. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas on how to fix/recover my files, if you could PLEASE let me know as my apple care has run out and I am not looking forward to paying to have this fixed and/or losing all my files.

Thanks in advance!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Can you boot to your computer's restore disks?

3. quig14 thread starter macrumors newbie

No I can not. I tried but had no luck and now the disk is stuck in there and I can't get it out. =/

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Then you're going to have to pay to have it fixed. If you're okay with opening it up, we can help you recover your files, though.