Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caseygraz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
I've got an early 2010 macbook and it's been running great for the past year and a half, but recently if the mac goes untouched for about two or three minutes my computer prompts a shutdown and if the user doesn't respond it will shut down by it's self. I went and repaired the software, uninstalled and reinstalled the OS but I still haven't been able to correct the issue? I'm trying to avoid going to apple, but it seems that I may have to. Has anyone had this issue and have any advice on how to fix this?

Much appreciated

alukado

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
Uninstall and reinstall the OS can solve all software issue, seems there is something with your hardware..

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Look in system preferences to make sure there isn't some strange setting causing this. If not it sounds like a hardware issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.