MacBook skin

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Drew017, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Anyone know of a rubber skin that fits over a MacBook (non- unibody)? I want to keep it from getting a scratched. I don't mean a case, because I have a carrying case. I want one like they sell for iPods. Any thoughts?

2. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

That maybe hard to find because the non unibody MacBooks have been out of production for quite some time. I would probably check eBay you may be able to find some on there. I doubt there are many, if any that still carry skins for a non unibody MacBook.

3. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

They've only been out of production since last summer (they've been produced for educational sales at colleges, just not listed on the Apple website). Not a big deal, I'm sure there are a ton of them if you search Amazon and Ebay.

Sorry I can't recommend any. I am on the Aluminum Unibody MacBook actually. Ironically there are white ones that were made well after this one was discontinued.

Good luck!

4. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

My point was that they are out of production so no one is likely to still be making them. A google search didn't turn up anything for a non unibody MacBook.

5. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Perhaps, most definitely the production is lower, but I really doubt all companies have seized production, it's been less than a year.

But anyways I found some on Amazon so I'll just leave this here, maybe it will help him/her out. Most of them are hard cases though, not the rubberized kind.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=macbook+white+case

I'd do go with some variance with searching though something you're looking for should turn up. Places definitely know people are still using these models. It's only been about a year, so someone should be producing still. Maybe not as many companies, but definitely some.

6. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I hate to bump this, but last night I was checking Speck products for my MacBook and noticed that they still produced a variety of cases for the white MacBook. I'm still planning on getting a clear Speck case (hard shell) for my MacBook Aluminum. Along with plastic, they also sell satin cases. It's not rubber, but it's definitely a case/skin.

https://www.speckproducts.com/macbook-cases/macbook-white.html

7. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

That's great! I really don't care whether it's hard shell, I would just like rubber better :D I will look into these. Thanks!

8. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Oh BTW you can find those Speck cases on Amazon for much cheaper if you're interested. And no problem! :D

9. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017