Macbook Sleeve Bag came folded...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thinkbig12, Aug 26, 2008.

1. thinkbig12 macrumors member

Hi

I just received my sleeve bag for my macbook:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...B:EOIBSA:CA:31

The problem, is that the seller folded it... so I received it folded, and there's a permanent line that doesn't want to disappear... I tried stretching it, etc but it doesnt wana come back to its initial state.

I e-mailed the buyer, I'm waiting for his answer. Do you guys have any idea how to fix it?

I can't believe how dumb is the buyer...:mad:
    Pardon my english, if its unclear juste tell me.

Thanks

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Hmmm. You'd link does not seem to be working.

Depending on the material of the case, it's very possible that it will un-crease over time and with some use.

Depending on the material, that may be a good idea, or a very bad idea.

3. thinkbig12 thread starter macrumors member

4. jogales macrumors member

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Just betting here that ironing it would be classified as a very bad idea after I looked at the description and saw "polyurethane".

At VERY least don't do it directly- put a slightly damp towel over it or something before you try- or use the old traveling businessman method of getting wrinkles out- hang it in the bathroom after you turn on the full hot shower and let the steam ease out the bend a little bit.

Good luck!

6. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

7. thinkbig12 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, I'll try the ironing and the steam tomorrow! I'll post back with some results! Thanks once again!

8. Built macrumors 68020

Sorry to hear this. The condition in which you received the sleeve is unacceptable. If you have not already given feedback to the seller, I suggest you email the seller and let him know how disappointed you are.

I purchased a Zeroshock sleeve (actually two of them) from this seller, and they arrived in perfect, MINT condition, in plastic, with NO creases. I highly recommend this seller...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZEROSHOCK-III-1...ryZ38284QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Don't just settle for such poor and sloppy handling.

9. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Unless you are positive ironing/steaming it won't ruin it, take it back.

Don't settle for poor handling on the seller's behalf. I would rather return it and get my money back than ruin it with an iron and not be able to return it.

10. Built macrumors 68020

I definitely agree. The seller should be ashamed of himself. After all, he certainly didn't show if folded in the photo that accompanied the auction.