MacBook Sleeve from Ebay (China) *Thoughts?*

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zw-gator, Jun 13, 2009.

1. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

I'm considering buying this MacBook sleeve from a seller based out of China. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience buying from him/her and what the quality of the sleeve is like.

It's only $15 w/ free shipping, so it's not like I'm taking a major risk, but I'd rather not buy a complete POS, ya know?

Seller's profile
    Auction link

[​IMG]

2. Widgetal macrumors newbie

3. ChocolateJesus macrumors member

I've got this same case, and it's actually pretty good for the money. The memory foam is rigid enough so I'm not worried about my macbook taking any blows, although it isn't waterproof. If you can afford it, go for one made of neoprene, but if not, this is a worthy, cheaper substitute.

4. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

Just FYI - I bought my 15' In Case sleeve on eBay for $19 shipped 2 months ago, so you will be able to find a branded one for less than $20.

5. jello22 macrumors newbie

I bought the same one a while back and it's still working as great as the day I got it.[​IMG]

6. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I highly recommend www.SFBags.com (Waterfield Designs).

They have simply the best sleeves and cases for laptops ever. I owned one for my MacBook Air and it got virtually no wear (it is made of ballistic nylon). They are durable, high quality, and made in the USA. They look sweet too.

I am planning on buying a Vertigo Combo with the sleeve for a MBP 13" as soon as I buy one.

7. zw-gator thread starter macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

^ Those are too much $$$, plus I like the look of the one I posted.

Any more feedback on these guys? I would like to order tonight :apple:

8. buckeye17 macrumors member

Probably comes with free poison, being from China and everything ;).

9. zw-gator thread starter macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

ummm...

10. scottkifnw macrumors regular

scottkifnw

11. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

12. penyekz macrumors newbie

I have one of these sleves for my MB air and its great. I was hesitant at first but after looking through all the ones available in the stores, they were either great AND expensive or crap and cheap.

I got mine for $5 (About $3USD) so comparatively, its much cheaper than the rest.

In terms of protection, it offers bump protection (from a memory foam effect) as well as the usual scratch protection. Some sleves only offer scratch protection.

Would recommend it if you can get cheaper on ebay. For $15USD, there are better ones about.