Macbook Sleeve/Messenger/Backpack

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Qinetic, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Qinetic macrumors member

So I bought my Macbook the other and it's on its way (YAY) but now I want a good way to take it around. I like minimalist brands with style and simplicity, like Pakuma and Crumpler. I want a bag that can hold a 1" binder along with a book or two and necessary Macbook accessories (AC adapter, mouse, maybe some CDs). And I also want it all to be easily accessable.

For a messenger I would want one with a snug fit on a Macbook, but it also has to be wide enough to hold accessories and books. For a backpack I want one big open pocket and I would use a sleeve for the Macbook. The problem is finding good information without real insight on the products. Thanks!

2. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

3. bradenwh macrumors 6502

I also bought an AppleSac recently and couldn't be happier with it. It's very simple, but works great. Plus, who would think to look for a computer to steal inside a burlap sack? :D

4. Qinetic thread starter macrumors member

To the ones talking about the applesac, I assume you're talking about the messenger bag? It says that it will fit 17" notebooks but I don't room for my Macbook to slide around. I want a snug fit. :rolleyes:

5. fuzzycuffs macrumors member

fuzzycuffs

As far as messenger bags go, I'm a fan of Timbuk2 and STM. I also have a nicer Kenneth Cole leather bag that doesn't have a dedicated laptop sleeve, but if it's in the neoprene sleeves I just toss it in there.

As far as sleeves go, the incase sleeve I got for $10 from bestbuy works well. People also talk about the Zeroshock III sleeve as being one of the best (although pricier).

As far as backpacks go, I still have my older OGIO backpack that I like.

6. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Look at the Waterfield Designs bags/sleeves fromwww.sfbags.com. Very customizable, excellent quality and wonderful customer service. I use a sleeve on my MB and just put it into whatever bag I want to carry (backpack, canvas tote, etc.) and feel quite secure. I'm sure you can find/create something from their options that will suit you!

7. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

I use a Red Fire Engine foofbag as my 12" iBook's sleeve and stick it in a Crumpler Part and Parcel messenger. Wicked combo.