Macbook Sleeve?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dammit Cubs, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Hey guys,

I was going to buy that incase sleeve for my macbook but I decided to just ask you guys if you know of any good cases for a macbook.

Thanks in advance.

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Waterfield Designs at www.sfbags.com. Great sleeves, customizable, good price, excellent quality and fantastic customer service. I would not buy anything else!

3. gwangung macrumors 65816

Stay away from Targus---snaps pop open, zippers break (my Macbook got spilled to the ground).

You hear lots of good thing about Shinza's Zeroshock III

4. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

I just got a ZeroShock III for my MacBook and it's AWESOME!!! I'm usually a Waterfield Designs guy, but this thing is sweet. I feel like it offers a better level of protection than the Waterfield. It's not the prettiest case in the world, but who cares?

5. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

6. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Hell yeah it is! I wish I'd had the stones to get that one isntead of the black one. I may still swap them out. It's pimp!

7. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Oh! One more thing about the ZeroShock III. They're designed to absorb a good bit more shock than a traditional neoprene sleeve (hence the name). They used to have a video on their site where the put a plane of glass in a traditional neoprene sleeve and another pane in a ZeroShock. They then dropped 100 gram steel balls onto both cases from a height of one meter. The pane in the regular sleeve was shattered but the pane in the ZeroShock was totally unharmed. Pretty cool stuff. :)

8. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

Went to look at cases yesterday. The Targus ones were well padded and seems to offer the best protection compared with the others I looked at. The worst was an Alexa Neo Tracer which had basically zero padding. I don't know what purpose the case is supposed to have, might as well put your laptop in a plastic bag. Owned a Booq bag at one time, it as very well made and had lots of padding.

9. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

this is a rather hard decision because it makes me wonder if I should just get a laptop bag. Like a small one. Maybe I can combine the sleeve with my bag.

10. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    i've tried a few brand and couldn't be happier with tucano

try look at www.tucano.it

11. skuzzy macrumors member

I actually have a custom made sleeve that my cousin made for me. Its just a piece of fabric (that I choose) sewn together. Its very basic, just a bag measured to size that you can slide it in and out of. Does the job though, but I am the sort that just carries a laptop around - no papers or anything.

That said, those Tucano sleeves look really decent.

12. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I have used and reviewed three cases/sleeves for the macbook.
    tucano second skin
    raedan macbook bag/case
    fabrixcase case

I kinda like all of them but am liking the bags more than the sleeves actually.

the fabrixcase bag I truly like for the back pocket and the remote compartment which is very useful in my opinion.
    the raedan cases are just good quality (material and manufacturing)...and they sure have some very uniquely designed cases.