Macbook sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Skydiver32, May 26, 2009.

1. Skydiver32 macrumors member

I was just looking at ebay for sleeves for the UMB, and it seems that its either neoprene or memory foam.

I think I like the neoprene better as it should provide a little more shock resistance than memory foam (if already compressed , eg. inside a bookbag). The problem with the neoprene is that it really doesn't allow heat to dissipate.

My fear is, as with pretty much every PC I've had, sometimes after closing the lid, and freezes and keeps running, and heating up a storm inside the bag. The neoprene will not allow for any of that heat to escape, thus cooking the macbook.

Is this not a valid concern for macs?

What sleeve do you use?

2. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

The incase sleeves are nice. I've been using one for my last 3 macbooks and it's been pretty solid as far as a sleeve can go. There are some others made from other materials such as hemp that look pretty good too. I'm sure othhers know more about thaat than myself.

3. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

I have an InCase as well. They are great for the price.

CrackBookPro:cool:

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

5. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

I got an incase. Its pretty good, and its got really soft fabric on the inside, which covers the inside of the zipper as well, so as not to scratch the macbook.

6. MedHead macrumors regular

Well i got a crumpler one, basically coz i refused to pay postage on the apple website and it was the best of the 13 inch cases i found. Nearly 4 months in akk I can say is how great its been, good protection and no heat issues!

7. shuffles macrumors 6502

shuffles

Try vajacases.com. Savage cases, expensive but they're absolutely amazing. If you check ebay they pop up now and again really cheap but you have to be quick!!!!

Best cases I've seen so far for any Apple products!!

8. Skydiver32 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the info

Thanks for the info.
    I looked at the incase sleeves and read a few reviews, I also looked at the Case Logic. I kinda liked that a little more based on amazon reviews. Ebay has a couple of cheap ones. I think I may go with one of thoses.

Thank you

9. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

You may want to look around on YouTube for specific reviews on cases. Theres a lot out there and it would be ideal to visualise them beforehand.

I've got a few reviews on my channel - hope they are of use to you.

10. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

I use an InCase Nylon Sleeve Plus (its a form-fitting sleeve for 13" macbook/MBA that has handles and a detachable shoulder strap). It has a front pocket too and a back pocket for magazines etc. (all secured via velcro). I like it since its seems pretty protective, and I can use it as a slim, standalone case (fits Macbook, charger, mouse, USB keys, other small odds & ends). And other times when I need to travel with more stuff I can empty out the pockets, tuck in the handles (has built-in pockets to tuck them in) and detach the shoulder strap and I can use it as a "regular sleeve" inside a bigger bag. It's pretty expensive at $60 but I got it on-sale at BestBuy for $50 (I know, not much of a "sale").

11. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You're all wrong. The only really good case for Apple laptops are made by foof. I have one and love it. When I got mine, I was specifically looking for a vertical sleeve without a zip or flap, so that I could get my MacBook out of my (vertical) bag without having to also take the sleeve out. Same goes for slipping the MacBook back into the foofbag.

Brilliant design, really. Plus, the fabrics and dessins foof offers you are of outstanding quality. Highly recommended.

EDIT: Another big plus: it's even a CO2 neutral option as well. How can you go wrong, then?!...

12. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

13. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

I have one of those as well, it's convenient if you just wanna grab your laptop and go.

14. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Some of those cases are almost as expensive as the macbook itself!!!

15. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I brought the hardcase from ispeck, fits really nice.

16. macindork macrumors member

I have a neoprene incase sleeve with faux fur on the inside...the only problem is when it was new my macbook would have fuzz on it from excess material...its a solid case at a good price IMHO

17. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

18. shoppy macrumors 6502a

19. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

+1 I love my sac, uhh Apple sac that is lol. I have the black one, the velcro has picked up some of the inside lining, but other than that its great. I also put it under my MB when on my lap to pull some of the heat from getting to me lol.

20. Shawny D macrumors member

Shawny D

Just ordered a be.ez LArobe for my MacBook. http://www.be-ez.com/

It's innards are lined with memory foam, 5mm of it, as opposed to the 3mm in most of the neoprene options, so it should provide an extra measure of protection. It's available in all sorts of wild colors and designs, too.

21. teksurv macrumors regular

I'm using the Booq Vyper and I really like it. Tough nylon exterior and it feels very solid.

22. ryero macrumors newbie

Shawny - I was wondering did you order the be.ez bag from their website? Or from the Apple store?
    I'm trying to look for online store, but doesn't seem like many places ship to Canada. :\

23. tiartrop macrumors regular

I use Moshi Codex 13, it's rather on the heavy side though, but it protects well and looks very good too.

24. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

I use Tucano second skin, i think they are nice and they look good!

25. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5