Macbook Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by twilliams9476, Jun 22, 2010.

1. twilliams9476 macrumors member

Ok, so here is my question: I purchased my Macbook around a month ago. I haven't really taken my Macbook out of the house, so I haven't had a need for a sleeve or case. Since I am gradually taking it out more and more, I am now looking for a case/sleeve. I would much rather have a sleeve than a case, because even when I do go off to college, it won't be in a very "heavy duty" environment. I am also looking for a sleeve that has exterior pockets (preferably zippable). I have looked at the Colcasac sleeve, and I am really interested in that one, but my only objection is that the exterior pocket is open. Also, my price range maxes out at $60. If ya'll could give me some more options, I would be so grateful! :)

2. Buzzworms macrumors member

Buzzworms

3. johnnyham macrumors regular

I personally use a Tuari neoprene sleeve that I picked up on sale for $5 the day after Xmas. Retail price is $30 I think, but hopefully you can find it cheap somewhere (check out department stores or Walmart). I slip any documents I need to carry around in the sleeve with the notebook.

Some recommendations though for sleeves:
    • It's pocketless, but iSkin's SoHo is a very well designed sleeve. It'll run you about $50.
    • Probably my personal favorite, the 9-5 Laptop Sleeve with a pocket, although it's open. Cost is $35.

I'd recommend getting a shoulder bag or portfolio case to carry it around in. It'll give you good protection, plus you'll have plenty of pockets. Since these tend to be more popular, you'd probably have better luck at finding a relatively cheap one.

4. twilliams9476 thread starter macrumors member

I don't know if this makes a difference, but the only things I would be putting in the exterior pocket would be my charger, iPod touch, Magic Mouse, and maybe my Blackberry...If that makes any difference...Also, I have looked at Booq's sleeves several times, and I am interested in the Vyper XS2...But I cannot tell if it has a pocket...I read somewhere on google that it did, but on their website on the specs, it doesn't say...Can anyone clarify this? Thank ya'll so much! :) :)

5. nsontaylo macrumors newbie

I have the Tucano and SecondSkin that fine. I use it only to store at home when I'm away or when I'm out somewhere and do not use it in my backpack. It fits perfectly with the Mac because it was desinged for them. I got the Imperial Knight sleeve..There are a lot of different styles that you can find on internet but I would recommend Imperial Knigh to all.

6. twilliams9476 thread starter macrumors member

7. johnnyham macrumors regular

Heh "ya'll". You must be from my neck of the woods (Georgia). That's a right dandy looking zipper bag for that magic box o' yours. I'm really impressed with it, I might even look into buying one soon. Seems like it's the perfect fit for you :) Hope you enjoy, let us know how it works for you!