MacBook sleeves

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dulaney22, Oct 15, 2008.

1. dulaney22 macrumors regular

Hey guys . . . just got a new 13" MacBook and forgot to order a protective sleeve. What do you suggest for a sleeve or bag?

2. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Check out the sleeves from WaterField Designs. Most of their stuff is pretty pricey, but their sleeves are reasonable. :)

4. cerhard macrumors member

www.goincase.com

Works fine for me when i travel. I just throw my whitebook in there and throw it in my backpack.

5. Jeremy08 macrumors regular

Good Call...totally got the new macbook sleeve...MAN, these things scratch so fricken easy....I hope my sleep gets here soon, I don't think my current previous gen Blackbook case protects the finish very well. Totally recommend that website though...WaterField...;)

6. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

The new MacBooks scratch easily? What does, the metal part?

7. budkid macrumors regular

Well..I got a deal...

I went to my local Ross(dress for less) store and they had 10 incase neoprene sleeves for $12.99. I could not believe it!! They sold them at the Apple store for $35.

You might want to check those places(Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx.) You may get lucky.

8. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

Wow, good find!! What colors did they have?

9. budkid macrumors regular

just black.

10. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

What color is the lining on the inside of the sleeve? White or Green?

11. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

Some of my favorite laptop accessories:

[​IMG]
    Zeroshock laptop sleeve - These are composed of a high-resistance polyurethane foam and provide excellent protection against impact. I have purchased a total of 5 of these so far (iBook, 2 MacBooks, MacBook Pro, and ThinkPad). I don't buy a laptop without one of these now.

[​IMG]
    ShaggyMac screen saver / keyboard cover - These lay on the keyboard and cushion the screen when the laptop is closed; preventing damage, scuffs, and other screen marks created by the keyboard. They also double as a "professional grade" optical polishing cloth...perfect for cleaning your screen. Same as with the ZeroShock...these are mandatory for me.

[​IMG]
    iCurve stand by Griffin Technologies - Raises your laptop up to eye level, provides increased airflow underneath to keep it cool, and just looks cool. (unfortunately, these are no longer made...glad I bought mine when I did!)

12. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

"Coolness is about Leather sleeves."

lol.

So, the new aluminum scratches easily??

13. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

So the old MacBook sleeves will fit the new ones just fine then?

14. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

i was wondering about that screen/keyboard protector, should i be worried about the lower body scratching the glass screen?