Macbook slightly better performance than Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tigress666, May 30, 2010.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

So, I'm reading reviews on my Macbook Pro cause I'm excited (I just ordered one).

And I am reading this one site who gives a very good review of the Macbook Pro (making me more excited) and I got curious and read their review of the new macbook.

Here is the link to the page that has me baffled in the Macbook review:
    http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/apple-macbook-2010.aspx?page=2

Well, according to them, the Macbook tests slightly faster and slightly better graphics than the Pro. I'm very confused how that can be seeing they are both running the same processor and same graphics card (and in fact the Pro has more RAM).

Would this be a varience in test or what would affect this? I would think the RAM difference would overcome any small variences between tests.

Anyways, I'm all hyped up cause the new computer from what I read is going to be what I wished my Macbook was, a good computer overall for basic word and internet plus some gaming ability (I loved my Macbook but even new it was not very good for gaming. Couldn't even run the current sim City at the time very well). And honestly I've loved the newer trackpad design, the black border around the screen, the light up keyboard, and the slim metal case much more over my white plastic (if it wasn't a tax and more expensive to get the black one I would have wanted that one. White is not a good color for a computer, especially for framing a display (screen) with).

2. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

3. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

That doesn't have the 2010 models of the Macbook or Macbook Pro, the two notebooks in question though.

Plus it looks like the tests the article I ran are better cause they tested for speed and for graphics performance, both of which apparently they found hte Macbook to come out slightly ahead. I personally think something sounds fishy but I'm wondering what could have caused those results. I want to think they're overall decent in their testing cause they do claim the macbook pro overall compared to other laptops even is pretty decent when it comes to graphics/performance. Sure some gaming notebook beats it but, well, it's a notebook aimed at gaming.

Their review basically said everything I wanted to hear about my new computer so I don't want to find out they're tests are just completely stupid. And it does seem odd to me they found the macbook both slightly faster and slightly better graphics.