Macbook slow applications

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wintersweater, Jan 12, 2010.

1. wintersweater macrumors newbie

A couple of months ago I had loads of problems with my 2.1 GHz core 2 duo early 2008 model macbook concerning the ram (applications crashing within seconds) due to kernel panics and it turned out after replacing the ram the problems stopped. However, I put in the ram the macbook came with and ever since, programs (safari, spotify, itunes) have been running slower than usual. Often I'll get a marble and then it'll process everything really quickly. Other times it'll just take ages to do everything in sequence. Will replacing with better ram remedy this?

here is my thread about the old problem - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=812027

2. wintersweater thread starter macrumors newbie

3. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

What ram is in it now, apple or third party? Myself, I only buy my ram from OWC. Never had a problem. As for sluggishness, if your not getting kernel panics, try the usual.... run the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance scripts, verify your hard drive, repair permissions, reset the pram. Could also be your hard drive. I've been contemplating a SSD drive but until trim works in OS X, I won't get one. I have a 2ghz 2009 mac book and its a bit of disappointment to me.