MacBook Slow?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by youradhere4222, Mar 8, 2008.

1. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

Okay, I am most likely going to be getting a MacBook next week (after successfully selling my iMac), but looking at recent threads it seems as if the MacBook can't handle certain things.

I was specifically looking at the mid-range white MacBook (2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD) and was wondering if it'd be able to handle what I did normally and maybe more.

I usually do word processing, check mail, browse the internet and play a game or two. Will I notice any signifigant lack of speed, or freezing now and then.

Should I just save up for a MacBook Pro - I'd really appreciate no freezes...

2. David G. macrumors 6502a

3. TheStu macrumors 65816

With the exception of games newer than say... 3 years, I have never ever felt that my macbook was too slow for me, and I do a lot with it.

4. GeneKam macrumors regular

Slow wise....no! Look at the pcs, they all are so slow compate to mac. THe only thing that MacBook lacks is the graphics, so game or two will be all depending on what kind of games, other wise, i do way more then you, such as aperture, photoshop, and garage band. I dont really get any freezes, just a little one that last for a second or so, and extreemly ocasionally.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

The macbooks have rediculously good processors in them for consumer notebooks. They are far from slow. For your needs, this machine will be very powerful; much more than you need. I don't actually think that the Macbook Pro would be much faster in anything that doesn't require heavy graphical power.

Go look in the ads for stores and you'll see Pentium processors paired with Vista... now that's slow.