MacBook Slowing down

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tim117, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Tim117 macrumors regular

Just working around my computer has slowed down a bit. But working on anything to do with the internet has really slowed down, almost to a hault. Safari, FireFox, MSN. All have slowed right down. Now I know what your thinking "Well it's your internet connection" Well right now I'm on my vista half of my MacBook and the internet works flawlessly.

Does anyone have any idea of what's up?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Tell us more about your internet connection and network setup. It could be a simple DNS issue...

3. Tim117 thread starter macrumors regular

I have it connected to a modem....I donno...I'm not a computer guy...If I was then I wouldn't have to ask half assed questions.

PS. the net used to work really well.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, what sort of modem is it? How is it connected to your machine? Is it connected via USB, ethernet or through some other means?

5. Tim117 thread starter macrumors regular

terayon modem. as supplied by the companied called Shaw. It's connected to my computer using an ethernet cable, connected directly to the modem. Sometimes I have the same wire connected to a router so I can have internet on my xbox 360 and my old windows 98.

6. nykelou1 macrumors newbie

same problem

The same thing has been happening to me >.<

I've had my MacBook for a while, and it's been slowing down a lot lately. I'm not sure if it's my internet connection or what; I have ethernet. I don't really know much about computers...so if anyone could help me as well...?

My friend said something about how deleting shared files would speed it up, if that helps at all.