MacBook Soft Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JasperUK, Nov 14, 2007.

1. JasperUK macrumors newbie

Hi I have my first mac currently on its way to my door and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cases. I'm not after a hardback or clear-skin type but rather a soft 'wallet' type. There a few on the UK Apple Store but none jump out at me.

I ordered the laptop on the 28th Oct (Pre-SR) as I wanted to make the most of the UK Ipod educational offer... lucky for me the touch has been in demand and my order only got dispatched recently which led Apple to upgrade my order to the SR model - quite happy already. :D

Thanks in advance on the case issue, and for the site as it has helped this switcher enormously.

Jasper (impatiently waiting for his mac).

2. macdim macrumors 6502

I picked up a marware soft case. It is fairly good, has protection on the edges around the case and has a piece of cloth on the inside to prevent scratches from the zipper. Also is soft on the inside, so no scratches. I like it, works well in a backpack.

3. Jrolls macrumors newbie

I got the Incase soft case for my SR MB, and I love it. I think it is neoprene or something. My girlfriend also has an Incase for her ibook, and it's always served her well. my 2 cents.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Not really a softcase but i bought the Booq Vyper for my macbook and it is absolutely brilliant. Does really increase the size and offers very good protection, while being nice looking to boot.

5. JasperUK thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm starting to get tempted by the Incase (also I didn't realise it was on the Apple Store somehow :rolleyes:).

The booq looks very nice, but since when I do travel I'll be using my rucksack that has a heavily fortified laptop bit, the Incase type maybe more suitable as I probably won't remove it once I'm at my destination.

Still looking but it's certainly making the wait more bearable!

6. thies macrumors regular