Macbook sound quality

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sephrah, May 20, 2010.

1. sephrah macrumors newbie

so, i'm sure all of you know that the sound quality on macbooks suck. when i try to play anything at a loud volume it just sounds awful. i was wondering if there was a way to adjust the equalizer in itunes, or in volume controls that would make it sound better?

2. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

There is an equalizer yes, just press cmd+alt+2 in iTunes

3. sephrah thread starter macrumors newbie

no, i realize that there is an equalizer. i was wondering if anyone knew a good setting to put it on that would make music sound better.

4. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

Maybe the setting "small speakers"?
    Otherwise it all depends on which music you play

5. miicah macrumors regular

Cut the very low parts of the bass and pump the mids a little that would be the only advice I could offer.

6. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

The MacBook has some tiny speakers and Apple has tried to prevent blowing them by reducing the volume capability. You'll never fill a room with them. They're pretty much meant for personal listening and not to create a disco.

With this in mind, quality is the goal and not high volume output. I use Perfect iTunes Equalizer Setting for all of my listening needs and it seems to do a pretty good job. Admittedly, I usually have my Sennheisers on when I what to rock out.

Btw.. once in a while I even listen to other than Grateful Dead music :cool:

7. sephrah thread starter macrumors newbie

the perfect itunes equalizer setting sounds much better than what i had it on. thanks very much for the link:)