macbook sounds?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macamateur, Mar 24, 2008.

1. macamateur macrumors newbie

hey guys, another novice question...every few minutes or so, my macbook pro makes a "doot doot" sound like water droplets or something. What does this mean? Sorry, I know i'm such a newbie.

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

What apps do you have open when you do it? And did you check your sound settings? My guess is it's iChat, but if you don't have it open, then I have no clue :)

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Look under the Sound Preference Pane to see what your system sound is. Are you running any applications when this happens? Try running your Mac only with Finder open and see if it still happens.

It sounds like Adium. ;)

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Either some chat program or Mail? Anything that might make a notification on some sort of event, really. Might help more if you told us what you were running at the time.

5. macamateur thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm running Finder, Mail, Firefox and Skype. No messages coming in from Skype though. While the sound is kind of "cute" I can see it getting old over time. Thanks!

6. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

It may be mail telling you there's a message, or someone signing in/out to Skype. Check those preferences :)

7. macamateur thread starter macrumors newbie

damn i'm retarded, you're right. I forgot that i never configured my skype sounds. thanks