macbook speaker busted?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hsleiman, Jun 18, 2009.

1. hsleiman macrumors regular

I have a CE macbook 13inch and I'm not really sure about the speakers in this machine. I'm assuming there are 2 and its not just 1 speaker under there. Anyways, sound from the left side of my machine sounds very tinny and rattly. I know that's not a great description but has anyone had a busted speaker in their macbook and is that what it sounds like? I very rarely listen to music on my macbooks internal speakers so I am really not sure how it got messed up. Should I take it in to the Apple Store?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I got a refurb 13" macbook back in march, and it wasn't until 2 weeks ago that I noticed the same thing you described coming from the left speaker.

but I also notice that it only sounds that way with certain songs, not all.

3. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

I bought my MacBook for college right after they were introduced, in October 2008. Since then, I haven't had time to bring it in, because I need it all the time. Too bad, since I have this exact same problem. Plus, my battery cover is warped. But summer vacation is nearly here, so then I'll finally have it repaired. Pretty annoying, if you ask me.